IBPS CWE-II for Specialist Officers Recruitment Project 2013
Banking sector in India is diversifying its operations coming out of the age old practice of finance handling and money lending. Now banks are nurturing various core businesses like, Insurance, Agro-Business, HR, Finance, Legal, Marketing with emphasis on dedicated selection of professionals with core competencies in such aspects.
As per the mandate realized by 19 public sector banks and later by the IDBI, the banks have accepted the scores of a centralized standard recruitment examination that is the Common Written Examination (CWE) conducted by the IBPS (Institute of Banking personnel Selection). Now, with such a mandate and the acceptance of the scores from various other private banking institutions, the weightage of CWE scores from IBPS has improved quite a bit.
As the validity of the score cards issued for the CWE for Specialist Officers, is expiring in April 2013, now IBPS has released a notification to conduct the second phase of CWE for Specialist Officers during March 2013.
The details of the eligibility criteria and essential criteria for eligibility to appear for this once-in-a-year examination is detailed as under:
This examination will allow the score card holders to appear for the following positions in the banks subject to their availability and requirement:
- I.T. Officer (Scale-I)
- Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)
- Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)
- Law Officer (Scale I)
- Technical Officer (Scale I)
- HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)
- Marketing Officer (Scale I)
- I.T. Officer (Scale-II)
- Law Officer (Scale II)
- Chartered Accountant (Scale II)
- Finance Executive (Scale II)
Tentative schedule of events as described by the IBPS:
- Opening Date of Online Registration – January 10, 2013
- Closing Date of Online Registration – January 28, 2013
- Date of Closure for Edit – January 28, 2013
- Last Date for Reprint of Application – February 01, 2013
- Starting Date of Online Payment of Application Fee- January 10, 2013
- Closing Date of Online Payment of Application Fee – January 28, 2013
- Starting Date of Offline Payment of Application Fee- January 12, 2013
- Closing Date of Offline Payment of Application Fee – February 01, 2013
- Availability of Call letter/ Admit Card for Examination: After March 06, 2013
- Date of Online Examination (Tentative): March 16, 2013 or March 17, 2013
Minimum Basic Academic Requirements:
a) I.T. Officer (Scale-I) – Must have Degree in Computer Science and related fields/ Electronics & Telecommunications OR Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science and related fields/ Electronics & Telecommunications OR Graduate from a recognized university having DOEACC ‘B’ level certification.
b) Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I) – Must have Degree in Agriculture or allied specializations
c) Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I) – Must have a post Graduate Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the degree level OR a post graduate degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at the degree level.
d) Law Officer (Scale I) – Must have a Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB)
e) Technical Officer (Scale I) – Must have a Degree in Engineering or B.Pharm. qualification
f) HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I) – Must have a Graduate Degree or Diploma in Personnel Management/ IR/ Social work/ HRD/ Labor Law OR Degree/Diploma in Business Administration/ Management with specialization in HRD
g) Marketing Officer (Scale I) – MBA (Marketing)/ 2 years PGDBA/ PGDBM or any other equivalent degree or diploma with specialization in Marketing
h) I.T. Officer (Scale-II) – Must have Degree in Computer Science and related fields/ Electronics & Telecommunications OR Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science and related fields/ Electronics & Telecommunications OR Graduate from a recognized university having DOEACC ‘B’ level certification with 1 year post qualification experience
i) Law Officer (Scale II) – Must have a Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB) with 3 years of experience of practice at Bar or Judicial service/ as a Law Officer in the Legal Dept. of a reputed Bank or the Central/State Government or of a PSU with practice at Bar.
j) Chartered Accountant (Scale II) – Passed final examination for Chartered Accountants
k) Finance Executive (Scale II) – MBA/PGDBM (Finance) with 3 years experience in the area of Credit Appraisal of industrial projects in Financial Institutions/Banks
Essential Age Boundaries:
- For Officers in Scale-I : A minimum of 20 years of age and should not exceed 35 years of age as on 1st January 2013
- For Officers in Scale-II (except for CA and Finance Executive): A minimum of 21 years of age and should not exceed 40 years of age as on 1st January 2013
- For CA: A minimum of 21 years of age and should not exceed 35 years of age as on 1st January 2013
- For Finance Executive: A minimum of 25 years of age and should not exceed 35 years of age as on 1st January 2013
- However, candidates belonging to privileged category will be entitled to receive special relaxation in the upper age bar.
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India (BOI)
- Bank of Maharashtra (BOM)
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
Nature of Examination and Penalty Provisions:
The IBPS CWE will be comprising of objective type questions with multiple choice options at places, which will be conducted for a duration of 2 hours. The subjects will be broadly Reasoning, Numerical Ability, English Language, Computer Proficiency and General Awareness (with respect to banking operations).
There will be negative marking for each wrong answer and there will be 0.25 marks deduction for each wrong answer by the applicant.
Remittance of Application Fees:
For applying for the IBPS CWE-II, interested candidates need to apply to the IBPS with remittance of a predefined and mandatory application fee.
- For ST, SC, Ex-Servicemen and PWD candidates: Rs. 40
- For all except the above: Rs. 400
- The fees can be deposited in both Online as well as Offline mode and through any bank having a CBC (Core Banking System).
- For Offline payments candidates need to download the fee remittance challan from the website of IBPS and deposit the requisite fees in any nationalized bank
How to Apply for the IBPS CWE-II Specialist Officers Recruitment 2013: Apply Online Here
- Candidates are advised to apply for only one post. The applications of candidates applying for more than one post and multiple applications for a single post will be summarily rejected
- The interested aspirants can log into the official web portal of IBPS at www.ibps.in and go to the concerned section for applying for CWE-II
- The aspirants need to scan their recent passport size photo and signature before applying for this
- Candidates must note that the data they fill during submission of application like DOB, Education, Special consideration, age etc. are to be treated as final and no further modification will be possible after submission of application.
- Applications without a valid email or without scanned photo/ signature will be considered invalid for registration process
- If a candidate do not received any message through email or SMS, he/she should deem it that his/her application has not been registered successfully