IBPS CWE for Probationary Officers and Management Trainees for the Year 2013-2014
As the nodal agency for all nationalized banks (except SBI and its associate banks), and almost all Regional Rural Banks, IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) is acting as a agency for competent requirement and selection of candidates for various profiles of banking jobs. Starting from the Probationary Officers, Management Trainees to Specialist Officers and Clerical cadre all types of recruitment is being handled by the IBPS, which conducts two Common Written Examinations (CWEs) for Clerical cadre and One CWE for PO/MT cadre in a financial year. Since its incorporation in the year 2011, the IBPS is providing an active support for the banks by streamlining the process of operation and standardizing the recruitment process in a uniform level at the national scenario.
With the recent announcement from the IBPS, it is all set to go for the CWE for the Probationary Officers and Management Trainees (IBPS-CWE-PO/MT-III) for the year 2014. The details of the application procedure and the eligibility criteria remaining almost same as the previous years, IBPS has released a fresh notification in this effect.
The details are as under:
The candidates who have completed their Bachelors Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate are eligible to apply for the CWE. The cut-off percentage for SC/ST candidates will be further relaxed by 5% and all candidates should have obtained this qualification by 01-July-2013.
Along with Bachelors Degree, Computer Literacy is a mandatory qualification for IBPS CWE. Candidates should be familiar with Computer Operation proving their competency through a recognized Certification.
Age Specific Norms:
The applicants interested for the job positions should have attained minimum of 20 year and should not have exceed 28 years as on 01-July-2013. However, the privileged category such as SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/Ex-Servicemen and Persons with Disability will be eligible for relaxation in upper age limit as per normal regulations.
The applicants must submit a competent certificate proving their caste from a competent authority in this regard to be eligible for consideration of age relaxation.
The candidates belonging to SC/ST/Minority class may avail Pre-Examination Training through the concerned participatory banks of IBPS. The seats are limited and candidates who wish to go for such training should fill-in the requisition during filling up the Online Application form for IBPS-CWE-PO/MT-III.
The written examination for CWE will consists of English Language Proficiency (40 marks), Reasoning (50 marks), Quantitative Aptitude (50 marks), General Awareness (with specific reference to banking industry) (40 marks) and Computer Proficiency (20 marks). The paper will be of 200 marks in total and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer while appearing the paper.
The candidates who are shortlisted with the Written Examination will have to attend Interview at the designated centers of IBPS. The final score will bear 20% weightage to the Interview Score.
The candidates will have to submit an application fee for applying into this IBPS-CWE-PO/MT-III as per the details mentioned below:
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates: Rs.100
- For all other candidates: Rs.600
Note: The fee has been changed from the previous year.
- The fees can be deposited through ONLINE mode through VISA/ MASTER Debit/ Credit Card during submission of Online Application
- The fee can also be paid through OFFLINE mode through any of the CBS branches of the following 7 Banks:
Punjab National Bank, Bank of India, United Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Bank of Maharashtra, Indian Overseas Bank, and Central Bank of India.
Apart from these no other form of fee payment will be accepted
How to Apply:
- The candidates interested to make their career as a Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee can apply ONLINE through the web portal of IBPS at http://ibps.in/html/CWE_PO_MT_III.htm
- The applicants need to read through the detailed instructions available at the portal for scanning their recent passport photographs and signature to be uploaded during the filling of online application
- Once all the columns are filled up, the candidates are requested to check through them as no changes will be allowed after submission of the Online Application Form
- The candidates should keep the hardcopy of the submitted application form and the fee payment receipt for future use.
The candidates will not be allowed to take the CWE PO/MT-III unless they have the following:
- A valid Photo ID proof in original and in photocopies
- A valid Call Letter for the scheduled date and session of the Examination
Candidates reporting late or after the specific time of examination will not be permitted to attend the examination.
One must refer to official advertisement to get in detail information here http://ibps.in/career_pdf/CWE_PO_MT_III_Advt_08_07_2013.pdf
Participating Banks in IBPS CWE PO/ MT Exam 3:
Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Central Bank of India, Corporation Bank, Canara Bank, Dena Bank, ECGC, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IDBI Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, UCO Bank, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank, and other interested Banks and Financial organizations.
Best of Luck!